Monday, December 10, 2007

THE MUMMY written by Mike Dean


Reviewed by TOZUKA Maho. In this level 2 reader, this story is the horror adventure.


Impotep and Anck-su-namun were devoted to each but she was Pharaoh‘s lover. Impotep killed Pharaoh and promised Anck-su-namun to bring her back to life. However he was caught by soldiers. He was sealed in ground. Then Evelyn and her brother Jonathan opened Impotep‘s coffin in the desert. Impotep kidnapped Evelyn to sacrifice for Anck-su-namun. Jonathan and O‘Connell went to Hamunaptra to save Evelyn. They got a book of Amun Ra and fought mummies. This story had a happy ending.


This story is very compact and pictures are so creepy. Especially I dislike the scarab picture. However this book is very exciting. My favorite scene is fighting with mummy soldiers.

1 comment:

SUAC Reading Circle said...

Maho,
Your book review is very good.
I don't know this story but when I read this review, I think that this story seems interesting and exciting, so I would like to read this story or watch this movie.

Hiromi