Thursday, July 2, 2009

Various types of pasta

Hello everyone, this is Hasegawa Takahiro from EDC3.
Today, I'm going to show original pasta made in Japan. My group are interested in Italian culture from "Evening Class" and will talk about Japanese pasta and Italian pasta in final presentation.

Talking of "pasta", many people would imagine picture below.


Many of them would be eager to eat that. However, the pasta ,which is different from typical one is produced in Japan. The example is below.

This pasta is called "soup pasta" which you can use spoon, so it looks like ramen!!
When I saw this type of pasta, I remembered the word "hybrid".
"Hybrid" means that the thing is produced from two different types of plant and so on, so the pasta was influenced by Japanese eat culture. I think things like this pasta will be made in each countries , in other words, pasta which fits each country eat culture will be produced because of globalization.

2 comments:

SUAC Reading Circle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SUAC Reading Circle said...

Hi, Takahiro! I'm Miori from EDC3.
Your topic is interesting! I thought pasta is completely Italian food, but soup pasta came from Japanese idea! I didn't notice that.
In Addition, your opinion that pasta in Japan is hybrid food is really interesting through your blog. I'm looking forward to seeing your presentation!
See you soon!