Friday, December 7, 2007

A Christmas Carol written by Charles Dickens


Reviewed by FUKUSHIMA Narumi. This level 3 reader is a fantasy.

A Christmas Carol took place in London in the 1820s. The main character, Ebenezer Scrooge was a stingy person and didn’t care about people. On Christmas Eve, 3 ghosts visited him and showed him his past, his present and his future. He knew that the happiness someone gave us was important, not the money someone spent. Finally, he changed his mind and helped the poor people.

This story taught me that there are many things that are more important than money. I think that this miracle happened therefore it was Christmas that has a wonderful power.

2 comments:

SUAC Reading Circle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SUAC Reading Circle said...

I know this story, and I think it is a warm story.
And you said "Christmas that has a wonderful power". I think too. The day is people have special feeling.
I want to spend on a good X'mas day.

FURUSAWA Ayumi