Sunday, June 28, 2009

Italian pasta and Japanese pasta





Hi, everyone. I’m Natsuki from EDC3.
We read 3 books, and we already finished two books. It was really amazing!! I enjoyed reading those books especially “Evening Class”. There were a lot of characters in the book, so I sometimes confused about it. However, each character was so individual and unique because they had different backgrounds.

Now, I am going to talk about Italian pasta and Japanese pasta. In Italy, there are about 3500 different shapes of pasta. I think spaghetti, maccheroni and lasagne are famous in Japan, but others are not so famous. For example, “Puntine” do you know this? It looks like rice. The pasta suitable for salads or soups.

In Japan, there are some original tastes. For example, “Tarako pasta” and Japanese style pasta (use soy sauce, laver, pickled ume, and …..).

I also found unique pasta in Japan. Do you know the restaurant “Mountain” in Nagoya? I would like to introduce you some strange menu.
“Maccha and Azuki beans pasta” The noodle's color is green and put some fresh cream on the top.
“Strawberry pasta” The noodle's color is red. We can’t harvest strawberry all the year around, so we sometimes can’t eat the pasta.
I don’t know these strange pasta, but I want to try it.

No comments: