Sunday, July 13, 2008

Teacher Man

Hello. My name is Mai. I am taking EDC grade3. I read Teacher Man in Mr. Sheehan’s class.

In this book, there are many kinds of students. Some of them are problem children, and others are adults who work around the city. The main character, who is a teacher, experiences many things through the relationship with the students.I like the way he teaches. He wants students to enjoy studying.

I think it is difficult to let the problem children listen to the class. Frank, who is a main character, tells the story in the class. Talking the story in the class is one of the ways that get student’s attention, so I think it is a good idea. I think the student sometimes can learn from the story about teacher’s life.

I could enjoy reading this book. I recognized the job of teacher is not only difficult, but also very challenging.

1 comment:

SUAC Reading Circle said...

Hi, Mai. This is Hitomi. I agree with your opinion. I also like Mr.McCourt's way to teach. I want to be a teacher like him. I don't want to give boring lectures to the students. Talking some stories is good way to attract the students!